With the growing urbanization, demand for indoor plants is rapidly increasing. In metropolitan cities, most people live in apartments where windows and balconies are the only options for gardening.
When it comes to a list of indoor plants, Pothos or Indian Money Plant tops the list. Two qualities, in particular, have made it the most loved plant in India, that is, longevity and the ability to survive in almost any situation. Its vibrant green colors, shiny leaves, and growth pattern make it an alluring plant.
People have different reasons for planting this indoor plant. According to popular belief, it works just like a money-making device; its presence brings financial prosperity to the homeowners. Some people grow it at home only because of its beauty.
Another name of this plant is Devil’s Ivy, as it has been told that this plant brings good luck to the homes. Well, some people prefer this plant only because of its low maintenance and air-purifying qualities. However, it is much adorned in all the ways.
New gardeners or people who have recently started taking an interest in gardening often ask a question. Where does a Devil’s Ivy grow better- in water or soil? It can produce both in water and soil.
You can opt for your preferred medium to grow the plant. In this context, you need to remember one thing. You should not shift this plant from soil to water or from water to soil as it can harm the roots of the plant. By growing this plant in water, you will get soft leaves, while plants grown in soil may not produce such soft leaves.
If you want to grow it in water, you can consider the following facts:
Meet its requirements
- A glass bottle/vase/jar with a wide mouth
- Clean and fresh water
Follow the steps
- First, take a glass or vase, or jar. Using a transparent one would be a wise decision as it allows you to track the development of your new plant’s roots. However, you can transfer it from a transparent jar to a dark-colored vase to refrain the lights from escalating the growth of the algae.
- You should fill the bottle/vase/jar with clean and fresh water in the next step. This plant can grow well in tap water. If your water contains chlorine, then you should let it sit for at least 12 hours. It can evaporate the chemical during this period. After 12 hours, you can fill your bottle/vase/jar with the water.
- The first two steps are compulsory, while the third one is optional. You can apply fertilizer to the bottle/vase /jar before placing the plant into it. It will boost better growth of the plant. Like many gardeners, you can use an all-purpose fertilizer having a balanced strength of 1/6 to ¼.
- Once the fertilization is done, your bottle or vase is ready for plantation. Put the cut side of the plant down into the water. You need to ensure that the lower end does not contain any leaves on it and its nodes are soaking in the water.
A few pointers to maintain the plant
If you are thinking about how to maintain your Money Plant, then you can take the following pointers into account:
- The jar or pot water must be changed at least once a week. As the roots need ample oxygen for proper growth, the water keeps losing oxygen with time.
- You can use a diluted liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks to boost the overall development of the plant.
- You need to place the plant’s pot in a spot from where it can receive enough brightness. It prefers only brightness and indirect light. The direct afternoon sunlight can spoil the plant and obstruct its development.
- You need to clean the plant’s pot regularly. Always keep your plant away from algae. While cleaning the pot, replace the plant in another clean jar.
- This plant may not survive in temperatures less than 10 degrees centigrade. Keep it in a place where the temperature is more than 10 degrees Celsius.
- Gardening needs patience. While growing Money Plant, you may also need to be patient as it may take a few weeks to develop the roots.
Perhaps there is no other plant that can be grown so quickly like this one. So what are you waiting for? Start indoor gardening with this good luck plant!
5 Best Digital Marketing Strategies for Startup Business
Socially Responsible Investments: How To Quantify An Investments Impact
3 Ways to Maximize Your Social Media Presence
How to Make Your Anime Collectibles Look Great
Several Things Every Business Needs
How to Get Benefits from Online Stores like Amazon and EBay?
Easy Method to Crop PDF Pages with a Fast PDF Organizer
How To Start A Tourism Business In Thailand
What You Need To Know About Vehicle Identification Number?
Symptoms and Causes of Dangerous Blood Sugar Levels
- Cleaning laundry
- Dog Breeds
- Expert Advice
- Healthy Pets
- Home Decor Ideas
- Life Style
- Near Me
- Real estate
- Social Media
- Tips and guide
All1 week ago
These are the essential things you need to know prior to making a deposit at an Online Casino
Health1 week ago
Healthy Pregnancy: Importance of Prenatal Care
Tech1 week ago
Why should you consider taking chiller for lease
Business4 days ago
Why A Contact Center Is Essential in Today’s Business Landscape?
Travel1 week ago
Guide for traveling to the best high-altitude destinations
News1 week ago
BCA: For those who love to code
Business4 days ago
Why Is The Role Of The Product Manager Valued?
All1 week ago
No Deposit Free Spins – The #1 Reason to Play Slots Online